Saturday, September 6, 2008

The first day I arrived in Australia




The first day I arrived in Australia with my family, I was very happy and excited. It was a new place for me because every thing was new and strange.


I met my parents in Sydney. They took me to China Town yum cha. In the afternoon we went to the beach at Brighton Le Sands because they live in this suburb. I felt it was very fantastic for them to walk along the beach. After that we went to the shopping center where the Medicare center was located. I applied for the Medicare card which was very important for our health.


When I went back to my parents' home, I talked about a lot of things. I talked about the house, the weather, and the customs in Sydney. One thing I was anxious about was my children's studying. They were 15 and 17. It was very important for me to choose a good school for them to study at.


I was happy about the new life here because the weather here is good and the houses are big.

1 comment:

rosa ochoa said...

Hi Diana,
How lucky that you had your parents waiting for you here! Many of us left ours in our country of origin and that is the hardest thing to do when moving to another country.

How did your children feel? They were at an age when it may have been difficult for them to leave their friends.